Acclaim and I have been discussing the Knights vs Rage situation, and we have concluded that finishing a two month tournament off with a forfeit win is basically unacceptable. I'm sure that neither side will be entirely happy with the compromise that we have cooked up, but at the very least it will ensure that the tourney ends with a match rather than drama.
To be fair, both teams have solid grounds for complaint here. On one hand, Knights has a solid point that, according to how the schedule was originally laid out, May 7th should be the default date for finals. On the other, the May 1st deadline I erroneously posted has been "official" for two weeks, and it is not entirely fair to pull the rug out from under Rage with 2 days to go, when it has stood uncontested/uncorrected for that long.
What we have decided is to give Knights 3 options:
Knights: Please contact either myself or Acclaim before tomorrow (Saturday at 9 EST) to inform us which option you'd prefer. If no preference is specified, the choice will be left up to Rage. Any (reasonable) alternatives that would ensure the match being played will be considered, so feel free to suggest them.
Before people go crazy quoting rules and precedent, keep in mind that those have already been bent in the interests of ensuring that teams actually play (e.g. Knights vs. Omega). Both sides have made valid points, and if it's going to be a choice between forcing a compromise and not having a match, a compromise will be imposed.
Celios is on it
TeamWarfare Competition Manager
Email: celios@teamwarfare.com
IRC: #lastgasp
To be fair, both teams have solid grounds for complaint here. On one hand, Knights has a solid point that, according to how the schedule was originally laid out, May 7th should be the default date for finals. On the other, the May 1st deadline I erroneously posted has been "official" for two weeks, and it is not entirely fair to pull the rug out from under Rage with 2 days to go, when it has stood uncontested/uncorrected for that long.
What we have decided is to give Knights 3 options:
- Play on May 1st, sticking to the original deadline. I know that you guys were more than willing to play BP on that night, so I have to assume that this is a valid option.
- Play on May 7th (or another mutually agreed upon date) with small enough team sizes that Rage is able to field a full roster. From what I understand, this would probably mean playing ~10v10.
- Play on May 7th (or another mutually agreed upon date) and allow Rage the use of subs. To insure that subs would be neither under nor overqualified, these would come from other teams, and each one would replace a player that was drafted in the same round as them, or earlier. So, for example, if Fettuccine (round 3) and oDDable (round 9) did not attend, then they could be replaced by All Creation (round 3) and anthem (round 9), but not All Creation (round 3) and sQu33ze (round 7).
Knights: Please contact either myself or Acclaim before tomorrow (Saturday at 9 EST) to inform us which option you'd prefer. If no preference is specified, the choice will be left up to Rage. Any (reasonable) alternatives that would ensure the match being played will be considered, so feel free to suggest them.
Before people go crazy quoting rules and precedent, keep in mind that those have already been bent in the interests of ensuring that teams actually play (e.g. Knights vs. Omega). Both sides have made valid points, and if it's going to be a choice between forcing a compromise and not having a match, a compromise will be imposed.
Celios is on it
TeamWarfare Competition Manager
Email: celios@teamwarfare.com
IRC: #lastgasp